The legislative anchoring of the newly emerging professions – Behavioral Analyst, Behavior Analyst Assistant and Behavior Technician was addressed by an amendment proposal by Deputy Chairman of the Health Care Committee of the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic MUDr. David Kasal as part of the Amendment to Act No. 96/2004 Coll., On the Conditions for Obtaining and Recognizing the Qualification for the Performance of Non-Medical Health Professions and for the Activities Related to the Provision of Health Care and on Amendments to Certain Related Acts (Act on Non-Medical Health Professions), as amended later. For the history of discussing the draft amendment to the Act, including documents see:http://www.psp.cz/sqw/historie.sqw?o=7&t=880
Act 201/2017 Coll. of 8 June 2017,
amending Act No. 96/2004 Coll., on the Conditions for Obtaining and Recognizing the Qualification for the Performance of Non-Medical Health Professions and on Exercising Activities Related to the Provision of Health Care and on Amendments to Certain Related Acts (Act on Non-Medical Occupations) , as amended, and Act No. 95/2004 Coll., on the Conditions for Obtaining and Recognizing Professional Competence and Specialized Qualification for the Medical Profession of a Doctor, Dentist and Pharmacist, as amended, was issued on 12 July 2017 by the Collection of Laws. It became effective on 1 September 2017 (Behavior Analyst – § 21c, Assistant Behavior Analyst – § 29, Behavior Technician – ů 29a).
1) Act 201/2017 Coll. of 8 June 2017 amending Act No. 96/2004 Coll. and Act No. 95/2004 Coll., as amended: Act 201/2017 Coll.
2) The Joint Statement of the Czech Medical Society of Jan Evangelista Purkyně, Working Group for Applied Behavior Analysis at CMS JEP and the Center of Applied Behavior Analysis at the Faculty of Education, Masaryk University is a response to a series of disinformation disseminated by the professional and general public, see: Joint Statement
3) Applied Behavior Analysis: Senate Presentation
4) Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) – Early Intensive Behavioral Intervention (EIBI) Evidence Based Medicine – EBM. ABA Summary – History and Present Abroad, Steps to Establishing ABA Science in the Czech Republic: ABA
5) Applied Behavior Analysis: Medically Necessary Interventions for Autism Spectrum and Related Disorders. Information material in English: G.Green_handout – EBM for ABA
6) See videos on the topic below, more on our YouTube Channel